May 2, 2017
Now that you are determined to start a healthier lifestyle, make sure you follow these practical guidelines that will ensure your physical activity to be SAFE and FUN!
- Whether you’re just beginning or increasing your current workout, be sure to consult with your physician.
- If you are just starting, begin slowly and gradually increase duration, intensity and frequency.
- Warming up and stretching significantly reduce the chances of injury.
- Participate in physical activities with a friend.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water before, during and after physical activity.
- Do not overexert yourself.
- Always follow instructions and safety recommendations when using exercise equipment or machinery.
- Wear appropriate clothing for the activity you chose.
- Wear safety gear when necessary. For example, a helmet and padding while rollerblading or cycling.
- Obey traffic rules or avoid traffic altogether by using parks or trails.
- During night activities, choose well-lit areas and wear reflective clothing.
- Avoid outdoor activities in extreme hot or cold weather.
If you experience any sort of pain or excessive fatigue, stop exercising and consult with your doctor.
Source: American Cancer Society
Back to News
December 14, 2017
Community advocates recently gathered for a luncheon, hosted by A Smoke Free Paso del Norte, to celebrate El Paso’s 15 years of a smoke-free environment. In 2002, El Paso became the first Texas city to adopt a Clean Indoor Air Ordinance.
A Smoke Free Paso del Norte, an initiative of the Paso del Norte Health Fou…